The Deputy Governor
Delta State Government
“IMMINENT CHAOS IN ABALA KINGDOM”
Sir, we the ABALA VOICE do hereby state categorically that the two self installed personalities are disqualified and therefore all processes undergone are declared null and void and of no effect based on following grounds:
- That Chief Fred Egbunkonye and Chief. Amechi Olisa contravened Section 5 of the 1979 controversial gazette by installing themselves as Igwe in less than 3 years (36months) after the demise of the late Igwe Ogbukaa. An issue of precedence has been set when Chief F. C. Iyasele of Umu Iyasele Ojeh Royal Family was installed as Igwe of Abala, barely two years after the demise of late Igwe Ezefili. He was taken to court by Umu Nkini Royal Family as having contravened Section 5 of same 1979 controversial gazette and the Court strapped him of the throne.
- That chief. Fred Egbunkonye and chief Amechi Olisa were never officially pronounced Igwe by the Owelle of Abala (Chief Godwin Nwadialor) instead; they handpicked two boys to perform the functions unofficially. An issue of precedence was also set when one Chief Michael Ugunna Chukwuji of Umu Inolo family in Diakpulu Quarters equally performed the functions of an Owelle in pronouncing Chief F. C. Iyasele of Umu Iyasele Ojeh Royal Family as Igwe of Abala instead of Chief Emmanuel Uche Nwadialor, the true Owelle. This was contested in court and Chief F C Iyasele was sacked as Igwe.
- That the duo flagrantly disobeyed the entire community decisions and directives to halt all processes of installations until the outcome of the Peace Committee. The Ndokwa East Local Government Traditional Rulers in a joint meeting with Abala Traditional Chiefs and Royal Families also advised the community to form peace committee to resolve who to be enthroned peacefully. Chief Fred Egbunkonye was present at the said meeting but underrated the call by the Traditional Rulers for peace. The Traditional Rulers are living witnesses.
- That chief. Frederick Egbunkonye has threatened, harassed, and embarrassed the entire community by the number of invasions the police and soldiers have made into Abala community by his orders, to the extent that the youths are of recent reacting violently. A situation were Ancient Royal Drums, Elephant tusks of Royal Palace have been destroyed by the invaders and their sponsors.
- the panel failed to consult the opinion of the other components of the community (Uganda, Umuoshele, Ishubom), because there will be no king without subjects.
Sir, we are astonished by the way and manner the Office of the Special Assistant to the Governor on Peace Building, Community Development and Conflict Resolutions (Chief Edwin Uzor) is handling the issue. Despite several calls to the Office to suspend actions on giving verdicts so that the community would not be thrown into multiple litigations, the office is bent on passing verdict on 25th October 2018, by selecting one out of the two offenders after which he would recommend such to the Delta State government to give Staff of Office immediately. We consider this as an act of impunity to set Abala ablaze if accomplished.
Sir, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Peace Building, Community Development and Conflict Resolutions (Chief Edwin Uzor) is with the government gazette and has seen the contraventions of the law by the two aspirants, yet he is bent on undermining the law.
Please ask the Special Assistant to the Governor (Chief Edwin Uzor) to act according to the yarning who are bent on disqualifying the two self installed kings to avert the impending danger.
ABALA PEOPLE’S VOICE
Commissioner of Police, Police Head Quarters Asaba
The DSS, Delta State, Asaba
The Traditional Rulers, Ndokwa East Local Government Aboh.
The S. A. to Governor, Peace Bld, Com. Dev, And Conflict Resolution,Asaba.